Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Bus Driver - Transportation Services|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
Provides prompt and safe service by driving Azusa Pacific University buses and transport equipment in and around the university and Southern California. Transports handicapped individuals, students, faculty, and personnel involved in university functions or business.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
* One - three years of professional driving with experience in vehicle maintenance.
* Has and can maintain a valid, unexpired Class B, California Commercial Driver License with air brake and passenger endorsement.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Operates passenger buses, shuttles, vans and handicapped equipped vehicles on scheduled routes, and to and from distant points.
* Performs daily inspections of vehicle as required by the California Highway Patrol. Maintains daily logs and reports as required by the university and regulatory agencies.
* Inspects and reports all equipment malfunctions. Cleans vehicle windows and lights, sweeps floors; maintains cleanliness of vehicles.
* Inspects fluid levels and tire air pressures adding, when necessary, oil, water, fuel and air.
* Performs minor and simple repairs on vehicles in the event of a breakdown.
* Assists and directs handicapped and elderly individuals on and off vehicles.
* Performs other duties related to job description as assigned by the supervisor.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check (including DMV check) on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please See Job Description